Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cards! Cards! and more Cards!

Yesterday's project was to make a bunch of cards and a large portion of making stuff like this is getting to show you guys. I had organized plans for a change, so I was able to get 50 cards done! I know, I'm impressed too!
Here is all fifty!
Now the reason I was able to make so many is because a large portion of them were made from prints of pictures I have taken of flowers. I am thinking a selection of these may go to the moms for Mother's Day. These are a few of my favorites.
The other kind of card I made was something I have been wanting to do for awhile, I have seen combinations of fabric and stitching on cards and wanted to try it. I had one of my better ideas too when I thought to make color copies of my favorite snatches from some vintage children's books so I didn't sacrifice my originals. These were really easy too and I like how they are different from cards I have made using scrapbook methods. I am thinking I might include one of these with my shop orders

Now I need some help girls! My fifteen(wow, I cannot believe that!) year anniversary is Monday and I am totally at a lose as to what to do! Anybody got any great ideas? I would be thrilled for any you have! Thanks!

9 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

I honestly don't know how you get so much stuff done. You go girl!

Alison Gibbs said...

What fabulous cards.
Have to think about the anniversary one... maybe a nice romantic dinner at home once the kids are asleep.
Alison

love.boxes said...

I love that red fabric!

Circe said...

You sure are getting a lot done without the man around! I love the cards! For the anniversary, definitely go into the city. Get your mom out there to watch the kids! :) Or you could do what we do...rent a movie and order take-out. But our anniv. is Dec. 30. That time of year, we're partied out!

Janice said...

Love the cards! How do you get it all done? I have dishes piled up in the kitchen sink and four different books started.

One year of our anniversary, I wrote up how we met and how he proposed and gave it to dentist husband.

annas dreams blog said...

Hello: Your cards are so cute, the fabric you used on them are so Beautiful. I love it!!!

Natasha Burns said...

oh my goodness you made so many beautiful cards! Don't you love days where you get heaps done?
Keep us posted on what you do for your anniversary. We don't get out much so even going to the movies is fun - the one where you pay extra and sit in a seat that is padded and reclining and they can bring you food and drinks at the time you ask is a great treat for now and then.... but you don't get to talk to each other much!

noodle and lou said...

50...FIFTY cards!!!???? That's crazy! I can't believe how you got all those done!!! I need you to come over to my house and help me with my prints;) I LOVE the stitched cards:):):)

xo...jenn

Unknown said...

How on earth did you manage to make 50 cards in one day with little ones to boot? You amaze me!

Tammy