Monday, April 21, 2008

The Enchanted Swap!

So here is what I worked on last night, trying to finish it up in time to send today. I should wait until the lovely Sarah gets it but I just can't wait. So Sarah, if you are reading and don't want to know what is coming click on out of here!
This is one of the dolls I made after discovering gesso over muslin. She is supposed to be Giselle from the movie Enchanted, before she ends up in New York. She is a bit more chubby, but I really like how she turned out. I hope Sarah does too.
And what princess doesn't need a tiara? Sarah's favoite color is blue and of course I had to sneak in a bit of pink. This picture is a bit weird so maybe that will help disguise it for a surprise. Sarah was so kind to let me join, even after the sign up had ended, I wanted to make her something extra nice!
And this was my first test run with this sort of doll She is supposed to be Ariel.
And how did I manage to finish up these little projects this morning?

Well, this is the price I paid! Matthew, the spider boy!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hmm..you better delete that post from kjar..it looks like a virus.
Anyhow love your new creations. I'm working on a similar theme right now for another project..fun but also difficult! I'll have to try a cloth dolls one of these days

Annie Beez said...

Michelle they turned out so cute! Welcome to the gesso over muslin world-its very addicitng!!

Circe said...

Oh, I love everything about this post! You are such an artist. And Matthew is too, in a slightly different medium!

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh what fabulous creations.
Alison

quiltdude said...

Your enchanted swap items are lovely, I especially love Ariel, she is so vibrant. Well done on getting some time to yourself, seems like spider boy had a good time too!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Adorable!

noodle and lou said...

I am just LOVING these little painted dolls Michelle!! And I especially love that spider web;)

Hope you have a great day:)
xoxo...jenn

love.boxes said...

That Matthew!

Our Hands For Hope said...

the mermaid is very cute!
Terisa

Anonymous said...

MATTHEW..I LOVE THE SPIDER WEB! BOY, YOU ARE SO CLEVER. YOUR GRANDMA SURE MISSES YOU. I CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR YOUR SUMMER VISIT. ALL MY LOVE..GRANDMA

Anonymous said...

MATTHEW..I LOVE THE SPIDER WEB! BOY, YOU ARE SO CLEVER. YOUR GRANDMA SURE MISSES YOU. I CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR YOUR SUMMER VISIT. ALL MY LOVE..GRANDMA