Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Spring Break!
So here is what we did with that ten day long Spring break I complained about so much. Not a whole lot! There was a whole lot of this:
We went to the park every morning I think. The weather was great and this going to the park thing seemed to work pretty well. For some reason Brittany and Matthew play really great together at the park and fight less. They loved these Styrofoam planes I found at the dollar store.
Joshua liked dragging trains and cars through the sand.No amount of cajoling would get him to look up at the camera.
Of course there were some art projects, courtesy of the dollar store again. They really like the bottle of modge podge!
I even managed to finish the dolls I listed last week at the park and get this little wedding couple finished for the swap I was in while we all enjoyed the sunshine.
And here everyone is ready for church the day before the happy day when school started again! That is Joshua's first tie. Obviously it didn't last too long, but it was cute while it lasted! It really was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be, but I think we were all happy when yesterday came and the big kids went back to school. I think that is a sign we have really good teachers this year!

10 comments:

Circe said...

You should blow up that pic of Joshua in the sand with his binkie! That's so cute. I posted a blog just for Brittany. I hope she likes it! :)

love.boxes said...

That is exactly the sign that it is. :)

Annie Beez said...

Your kids are adorable! I remember those days of going to the park every day! Mine are so big now! Cherish! Cherish! It goes so fast!

Natasha Burns said...

It's great to have good teachers - and i love the tie on Joshua, so cute!!!!

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Love the wedding dolls!!!! So sweet :-)

quiltdude said...

Your kids are lovely and anniebeez is right, it goes so fast, one minute you think they will never get out of the baby phase and the next they are finishing school and moving on. Grab every moment with them you can.

Carolyn said...

Stumbled on your blog and checked out your Etsy shop! love your dolls, especially the toile dolls: they are so cute. i've hearted your shop!

Camille said...

10 days, what a spring break. Chris and Tally's kids get that too. I think it's great if you have some fabulous trip planned, but maybe too long if you don't??? Ours is next week and we are taking off for our cruise, it's the trip of a lifetime! My kids are hanging out with their aunt and uncle, then grandma and grandpa... they are just as excited as us.

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

We were doing the back to school dance at our house too. It looks like you put the time to good use:) The pictures of the kids are great!

noodle and lou said...

Oh my gosh! They are SOOOOO cute! Joshua is absolutely edible in that little tie:):):)

xox...jenn