Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Why Oh Why?!

Could someone please explain to me why someone always seems to get the stomach flu when Dad is gone? I truly don't understand the uncany consistency! So we are at Matthew field trip to Chevy's today and Mr. Joshua lost his cookies. I suppose it wasn't a total shock, he wasn't feeling great yesterday but I thought he was feeling okay today. He ate more for breakfast but I guess he was just starving. Now I am sure we helped make the field trip more memorable. I hope Chevy's doesn't reconsider its field trip policy because of us. So now we are home and he is plugged into Clifford. Didn't you just know that my great productive streak couldn't last? Oh well, it was great while it lasted! Here are a couple of projects that probably won't be getting finished today.
I cut out a bunch of new nesting dolls. I am going to add a few new colors to the originals.
This is a doll I am working on for a miniatures swap I am doing. She will only be 6" tall when she is done. She is going to have puffy sleeves and a very full skirt out of the same fabric. I can't decide what to do with her hair. Long like Alice in Wonderland, braids, or pony tails. Or should I try shorter curly hair? I am looking for opinions here. And what color should it be?

Well I am off to get more Clorox wipe out and disinfect Joshua again! Hope you have a more lovely scented day than we are having around here!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle! I feel for you...I hope Josh gets over that soon. What a wonderful doll! I love her striped stockings. That must be tricky making her that small! How about auburn hair? Hope your day gets better...
~Heather

love.boxes said...

You all do have a lot of the stomach stuff. We get sore throats around here... every time one is going around... and allergies.

Cute dolls I love the fabrics. I think that little one in that last frame has the potential for being the cutest ever.

SSWS said...

Michelle, our Josh is just recovering from the stomach flu, too!! It has been since Sunday...a non-stop mess. Poor little guy. At some point you just want them to play in the tub naked. I think he's over the bad part, but I'm thinking of you! Your dolls look beautiful. Good luck!

Elisa said...

Oh! I'm so sorry your crafting adventure has been cut short! I really hate it when little people get the flu!
I love that little dolly! I am voting for short curly red hair! I *LOVE* those striped socks!

Circe said...

Are you thankful for the moisture you are receiving? :) I'm sending you dry, healthy vibes and hoping that the flu makes J sleep a lot!

Anonymous said...

All of us moms are completely empathizing with you! Everyone seems to be sick lately..hope it passes us by or else there goes my creative steak too!
Your new dolls is going to look great I can tell and your nesting dolls are wonderful as are those cards!!
Hope your family feels better and that it doesn't get passed from one member to the next :/
~Christine

quiltdude said...

Poor Josh and poor you, fingers crossed we haven't haven't had sickness in our house since before Christmas. Good job too as I'm a really bad nurse!
Your mini doll looks fabulous, love her stripy legs.

vivian said...

hi Michelle,
oh! I'm liking your miniature doll! i know she'll be adorable all finished nad your partner will love her! great job!
hugs
vivian

Unknown said...

You are so talented! I hope all of the little ones are well, now.
Tammy