Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Wow, what a weekend! I had decided to make my Sunday post a rundown of our weeks activities but this week is really not worth remembering! Whew, lets just say A LOT of laundry has been done around here. So I am really behind on what I had planned to post. I particitpated in Tif's book club, but haven't quite finished the book let alone done a review. And I received a wonderful swap package Friday, really the high point of the weekend, second of course to hubby's return home.

But today is my 15 year wedding anniversary so I am going to get all sappy instead because hey, it is my blog after all! That number, 15 is just amazing, it makes me feel so old! I mean how many young mothers have been married 15 years, I think that would have to be an oxymoron right? Hope I still qualify. But I suppose that is a good commentary on our marriage. I mean time flies when you are having fun right?

So bear with me while I get sappy about my William. I am so lucky to have this guy! Something I proved once again last night after my week of single parenthood, yucky kids, sick me and followed up nicely by the super-grump of a wife. And he was still nice to me! So he still loves me, or he is really afraid of me by now! Just kidding, he is really good at always making me feel like I am just as cute as I was on our wedding day.
See we really were children, so I can't be all that old right? Poor guy, this blog is usually so full of pictures of the kids and my silly crafts that his handsome face hardly ever graces it! Aren't I lucky, he is still just as handsome, probably more so actually. Why are guys so lucky that way?
In our religion, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we believe that when you are married in our holy temple you and your family are sealed together and will be together after this life. I am so glad because I really don't want to spend any time in these life or the next without William around. We were married in the Salt Lake Temple, that gorgeous building behind us. You can see a great little tour over on Tif's blog today. Wasn't that nice of her to go visit since I couldn't go myself? She has some gorgeous pictures, it is a beautiful, peaceful place.
We had our reception at the Lion House, Brigham Young's old house in downtown Salt Lake. It was a perfect day, the perfect beginning to our lives together. We really did marry young, realtive to a lot of the world I guess. We were 21 and 20, but the fun part of that is I feel like we sort of finished growing up together. We have accomplished so many things together that I am so happy with and I am so glad I have always had my best friend with me through it all, and always will have!

Thanks for putting up with this little post, sometimes a little public declaration is a good thing right? Thanks too for all the well wishes throughout our survival of the plague. We will be back to our regularly scheduled blogging tomorrow!

17 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

Congrats to you both! Keep up the good work :)

Jennie said...

Happy Anniversary! I read the other day that only about 47-53% (something like that)of married couples make it past 15 years. Isn't that sad. It makes me sad. How lucky for you guys though. You have made it past being a statistic. Yeah! I also know how hard you both must work to have a great marriage. It involves being selfless each day. Thanks for being such a good example!

love.boxes said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope that you feel well enough soon to do something fun to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Cute pics of you guys:) I hear you about being behind but I think you have a better excuse with three kids..and sick ones at that.Love the new doll by the way!!:)
~Christine

quiltdude said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. I had a tear on my eye as I read your post. Just shows you, fairytales do happen sometimes.

Bonus Mom said...

Congratulations! 15 years! We are at 12 this year (married young too ;) )! Happy Anniversary, get celebrating!

Unknown said...

Awwww! Look how cute you both were! I guess I didn't realize how young Kurt & I were too when we got married (21 & 24) It sure didn't seem that young at the time anyway!! I'm glad you found your best friend to share your life with. Blessings on your anniversary!!!
XOXO
Jillian

Michelle said...

You guys are so sweet! Thanks so much!

Felicia said...

Happy Anniversary :)

Janice said...

Oh how cute you both were! And young! Since I didn't get married until I was 25, I can say that. Congratulations!

vivian said...

happy anniversary!! love the wedding pictures. yes you do look like babies in those pics! We just had our 27th anniversary April 4th!
have a sweet week!
hugs
vivian

Elisa said...

happy love day michelle! i can't believe how young you both look!
I was on my mission when you got married... so i didn't get to see you in your wedding gown... you look wonderful!
I hope you had a splendid day!
*muwah*

SSWS said...

Happy Anniversary, Michelle! You haven't changed a bit! You look just as good as your wedding day...William, too! Congratulations. Enjoy!

Diane Duda said...

Congratulations! You really do look like kids...especially in that first photo!
So pretty/handsome. :)

I wish MANY more years of happiness together.

xo
Di

Janice said...

Now I'm curious, how did you two meet?

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you enjoyed the time with one another.
Tammy

Alison Gibbs said...

Happy Anniversary
Alison