Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Nim's Island

We took the kids to see Nim's Island this weekend. I would have to say it was a success. The movie is cute, who doesn't like funny animals, and the acting is pretty good too. It got a little long toward the end and I found myself thinking "So help me if the father doesn't come back I am asking for my money back!" Brittany has abandonment issue; don't know why, she has never been abandoned, so she got a bit stressed out but she liked it in the end. It was sort of a modern day Swiss Family Robinson which was fun. And Joshua sat in his own chair for most of the movie! I have to say, the funniest part to me was when the little girl is making dinner which involved some sort of worm and Joshua, in his loudest voice says "Eeeeeeeewwww!" Yeah, that is one of his new words and it was hysterical! So all in all, fun movie, even if you don't have the "Eeeeew!" boy with you!

6 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Looks like a fun movie
Alison

Unknown said...

The previews for that movie looked great. I had told Jack I wanted to see it. Do you think adults alone would enjoy it? The kids and I used to try and outgross eachother when they were little like I would say oooh I'm hungry for a spider sandwich, etc. They would squeal and try to top me. It was fun, warped, but fun.
Tammy

Natasha Burns said...

Looks like a fun film Michelle! Did you know it was filmed (or at least some of it) in Australia, up in Queensland?

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Thanks for the review! I was thinking of taking the boys but wasn't sure if it would hold their interest. I'm glad you had a good time.
Tracy

Sandra Evertson said...

Love the laundry/art gallery room!
Sandra Evertson

Amanda Edwards said...

After your review, we are definately going to see it this week. And you took baby Joshua with you! That is impressive. I haven't tried to take my Josh to the movies yet...worried he will want to leave after ten minutes! But maybe I should give it a try. He just might surprise me. Your creative space looks good down there! Hope you get lots of making time this week.