Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Update!


I have decided to try adopting the Sunday update to talk about what we have been up to this week as a family. But don't think that I will hesitate to show you if the kids do something funny, crazy or messy during the week. My family tends to check in here on Sundays so I thought this might be nice for them.
First the project dominating William's extra hours this week is yard destruction/construction. Yes, you see right he has been killing the grass in this area. She that dirt area in the corner? That is where he planted the garden with Matthew's help. And the rest will be filled with bark and then we will move playground area over there.
Then we can reclaim this grass and patio area. Seems like a simple project but did you know it is actually hard to kill grass and remove it, at least to some degreeWe all discovered the wonder of gesso this week. You can paint this stuff on any fabric shape and it is like painting on canvas! We have had a good time with projects made with this method..
These are some dolls Brittany and Matthew made with one of Brittany's new(yeah!) friends. I am going to show you some I am working on next week.
Brittany is excited to have the new Fablehaven book and has spent a good portion of her weekend just like this.
Matthew is really thrilled with the new Scooby Doo dvd I bought for a bribe to get us all throught the enrichment planning meeting I had to have this morning with Dad gone. And yes, he assembled that ensemble he is wearing himself after church!
And Joshua has mastered the use of the word "Eeeeeeew!" Joshua are you stinky? "Eeeeeew" Joshua did you spill your drink? "Eeeew!" Josh, did you fall in the mud? "Eeeeeew!" The possibilities are endless, and so far the cuteness hasn't worn off yet. Wow, he could really win a scary baby contest with this picture couldn't he?!

The father of the house left this morning for the week. So check back in to see if I have totally lost it! We did have fun yesterday working in the yard and then going to Fudruckers for dinner. My kids thought the cheese sauce for dipping your fries in was the greatest thing ever!
I am hoping to get bunches of creating done and get some more nesting dolls in the shop by the end of the week!

8 comments:

Elisa said...

I love that face your baby is pulling! Priceless! Have a fun week sans husband!!

love.boxes said...

What a week! You've done a lot! I love your back wall... very cool. J is looking kinda like M when you can see his hairline... brothers for sure! :)

Circe said...

Oh my gosh, I love the dolls your kids made! Grown-ups couldn't do that. It's so creative and beautiful, the abandon that they have with their artistry. And they're pretty cute kids, too! Except for Joshua. Kidding, of course!!

noodle and lou said...

oh the back yard is going to look great!! I think it's so fun to work in the yard:):) Okay...I ADORE THE LITTLE DOLLS!!!! Oh. my. gosh. so cute!!! And way cute pics. of the kids:) Happy week to you all!!

xoxo...jenn

liz said...

I LOVE that eeeeew face!

quiltdude said...

Wow big garden project, but it's going to look lovely when it's all done. Love the dolls and the eeewww face, cute.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Joshua is the cutest! Good luck with your hubbyless week. I'm happy mine is finally over:)

I saw your comment on my blog...you better read my new post before you rush out to Walmart. lol!