Thursday, April 03, 2008

I love being a busy bee!
I am going to post about bees more often! Yesterday was a great productive day! I wish I could figure out the recipe for those really productive days, I sure love when they happen. I decided to give a couple of my girls a little make-over since everyone seemed to like the toile so much. I had a bit of a panic when I went to the store to get more toile and discovered that the pink toile is discontinued. Why would they do that?! I don't get it, but happily etsy came through again and I was able to get more on its way to me. I did a bit of work on these girls faces and hats and clothes. I like them a lot more now. Hope everyone else does too. They are in the shop now.
I made this inspiration board to put in my laundry/sewing/craft room. I am hoping to get it cleaned out ant fixed up a bit in the next week so I can enjoy working in there more. Of course I started with the fun thing first, making this board. But I am getting a really great postcard collection and it is really fun to have this to put them and the little atc and dotees I have gotten in swaps on. Hopefully I will have before and after pictures for you next week. Last of all, just so you won't think it was the perfect day and I am the perfect mother, there is this:
Yes, another gigantic bonk on Joshua's head. He ran into the door jamb while chasing his brother. It was HUGE last night. I don't know what to do with this kid. This is his second bonk like this in a week. I am thinking of a helmet? Well, at least he is still smiling!

12 comments:

love.boxes said...

Atleast he's smiling!!!

love.boxes said...

The dolls turned out cute and so did the photos!

Kathie said...

I had to let you know that crafting made me a better mom too. My hubby used to tell me I was being b****y and I needed to go paint something!! Happy mommy...Happy World!

Circe said...

If your kids didn't get an occasional bump, I'd worry. Boys...Free has a serious nail-biting thing going on. Any advice on that one? I love the new dolls. I got mine today, and they are perfect! I gave them to my mom, so I'll let you know what she thinks. They are definitely keepsakes. Araceli looooooooves them!

vivian said...

Hi Michelle, first of all, your dolls are adorable! and I think miniature of one of them would be awesome! you wont be our of your league at all. would love to have you in the swap! I already have a partner for you! Let me know soon what you decide! I hope you decide yes.. Miniatures are addicting.. once you get started its a whole new little world!!
hugs
vivian

tascha said...

Aw the poor little guy! Give him a big kiss for me.
The dolls are so cute with their bucket hats on!

quiltdude said...

Love what you've done with the toile dolls, they look very classy now!
My girls were always covered in bruises until they were about 10 and even now they get the occasional corker from their ice skating. It's just part and parcel of being a kid I guess.

Alexa Lett said...

Love your new banner!!!! Great picture.

Anonymous said...

Yours needs a helmet too? hehe Your dolls are great!! Like the hat addition..havent seen that before!
Love the idea of an inspiration board..I have a mini one but it's cluttered. I like the size you have. HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND! (sorry I'm shouting again)
~Christine

Anonymous said...

Love the dolls in their sweet little hats!
It's amazing the knocks little ones can take and still keep on going...Have a great weekend!
~Heather

vivian said...

Joshua is adorable, I love his smile! so are your dolls!
hugs,
vivian

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Hi there.
That bump is not so bad, He is all boy. Now if you fell down twice in 1 week that would be bad LOL Check out my new website....my little pink poodle got a makeover and my site has some gingham that made me think of your blog:)