Saturday, April 05, 2008

Flowers!
Things are blooming around here! I love Spring, it is my favorite season. What is not to love. Mild, sunny temperatures. Nice and warm but not to hot. And things are growing! Flowers and trees and grass getting green! I just love it! As far as I can tell this is one of the great assets California has to offer. Nice long Spring. I have been in such a Springy mood I decided to attempt a painting of flowers for a swap I am in.

These flowers do not occur in nature, only in my imagination and on my canvas. They are sort of a compination of poppies and tulips I think. It took me a really long time but I am finally quite happy with them.

I thought I would show you a few of the flowers I have seen on our way to school.

Isn't this pretty. I have no idea what it is, but it looks like it is made of paper.
These I recognize as at least realtive of English daisies.
I don't know what these are either, but they are on a pink bush and have great little pink blossoms.
I hope your weekend is full of sunshine and flowers too!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Circe said...

Thank you for the flower pictures! All I have so far are some scraggly, snow-crushed hyacinths. But they still smell soooo good!

Janice said...

Wow! You really live in growing things heaven. I struggle to keep things alive around here but you have got it made!

love.boxes said...

Love your flower painting.. it's so lovely!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Pretty painting!

I'm glad your present arrived safely, thanks for letting me know. Hope you enjoy it.

Elisa said...

LOVE that flower painting!
Glad to know that you felt the same way about those dumb books... I HAVE read Adriani Trigiani!!(my sister just named her new baby--born today-- that name!!well. minus the last name obviously!) She is fabulous! I registered on Random Books website, and they sent my Lisa See's new book to read... I'm really excited about that! You should do that, and see if you don't get a freebie too!

liz said...

yes! I walk around all over and see crazy flowers I have never seen in my life!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natasha Burns said...

Lovely flowers!!! your painting is gorgeous Michelle!
We have those pink papery things too, I can't think of the name... something to do with the word ROCK i think....

Diane Duda said...

I Love your flowers! All of them!

xo
Di

noodle and lou said...

What a pretty painting Michelle!! I'm so jealous of all your lovely flowers! Spring is just refusing to show up here and I am becoming quite impatient;) I'm going to send your little lulette today!!! Yipppeeeee:) Thank you so much Michelle!! xox..jenn