Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Being a Busy Bee!
Don't you just wish you could move a million miles an hour like this little guy does? I snapped his picture the other day while I was out taking pictures of the gingham girls in the apple tree for the banner. Since bees seem to be becoming almost an endangered species I thought I would capture him while I could.
I could really use unending energy like Mr. Bee has. I have such a long list of things I want to accomplish. And then of course there is playing with kids, which I really like to do too. Maybe I just need more hours in the day.
That is why I have taken to staying up late working on my projects. Not exactly a new idea, I think that is how most of us moms accomplish our little extra projects. I have to say I love staying up late, with all of my lovely family peacefully sleeping, watching a movie of my choice and doing a little project just for the fun of it. Morning on the other hand is not so much fun! This is the shirt I finished last night. I know I am treading awfully close to becoming Holly Homemaker, but it was really fun and this way I can make it fit just like I want. Of course I am not showing you the one that turned out making me look like I am on Little House on the Prairie! Of course, it is raining today so I can't even wear it!

Oh, and thanks for all the great movie suggestions. I watched Holiday with Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn last night. It was great!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a nice blouse you made~I envy people who can make their own clothes or sew at least! And yes I envy the bee's energy and ability to move fast. I can relate to wanting more hours in the day. I remember hearing moms say this long before I had my son and I use to think c'mon how difficult can it be. Then I had my son and going to bed at 3am these days is the norm. I'm more busy then when I was single, working and going to school. Time is a precious thing to me now and I stake out time to make my dolls or else I wouldn't be a pleasant person to be around which is sometimes the case.
Have a great wednesday:)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I just pulled your name in my monthly drawing, Michelle. If you'll email your address to me, I'll send your present in the mail today when I go to the PO.

love.boxes said...

fun! Great photos!

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled by and love your banner. It looks like spring!

Cookie Sunshine

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle, The banner looks great! It is so light and cheerful looking with he tree in bloom.

How nice that you can sew your own clothes. I do not have the patience. I usualy ahve to use the seam ripper more than should be alowed. lol

Circe said...

How did you get such a great picture of a bee?! Very impressed with the shirt! You are amazing!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.