Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Pretty Things!

Wow! That doll party yesterday was really fun! I love looking at people's different dolls.
There are some new things in the shop today. I really am in love with the whole nesting doll thing, I just can't seem to stop making them. Part of the appeal is I can stitch away at them while I watch T.V. with hubby at night. So anyway, I found more of my favorite pink toile and had to try making some nesting dolls out of it. I painted their faces this time. These little girls have my favorite three fabrics! Toile, gingham and polka dots. I am working on one more I will put in tomorrow out of the black and white toile. I am afraid I will have to change the name of this blog to Toileland soon, I just love the stuff!
I was in a really fun swap, a spring journal swap. You were supposed to take a simple composition notebook and then alter it into a fun book. I made two because I wasn't sure of what I was doing and I wanted to make sure one turned out okay. I used some of the vintage fabric that was in the great stash Tif sent me and then decorated them with my felt flowers. I won't ruin the surprise for my partner Tammy and tell you which one I sent her, but I did put the one I didn't swap in the shop because I was quite pleased with how they turned out.
And speaking of new pretty things, look at what I won from Karla! She has a drawing every month from people who leave her comments and since I love to visit her I was hoping I would win eventually and I finally did! Isn't it the cutest sign? Thanks Karla!

5 comments:

quiltdude said...

Love the painted faces on the nesting dolls, it brings them to life.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Thanks for always coming by to visit!

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle, I mailed out your journal today on my lunch hour. I can't wait to see if you like it!

Tammy

SSWS said...

I, too love toile! I don't think you can get enough of it...Your dolls are delightful! My kids love thiers. Thanks, Michelle.

Anonymous said...

Oooo! I love that one in black and white polka dots. Great job! I have yet to add a nesting dolls to my collection. Time to remedy that:)
~Christine