Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dealing with Stress

Thank you so much my lovely friends! I wish I could move onto the same street as all of you! We are very excited but the fact that we did just move here 14 months ago and I feel like I just got us settled dampens the joy a bit.
So how exactly is Miss Michelle dealing with the stress in her life? Well first she ate this

Yep, the whole bag. By myself. At least it did take me a few days. These are my favorite chocolate chips in the world. They don't have them here in California. They are sold in the Thriftway grocery stores in Utah. They are green and minty and wonderful. I have been hording them since we came back from Utah this summer and now that we are moving back I felt justified in eating them. All. Myself. What can I say, I am a stress eater. You know what? It really did make me feel better!



This movie. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I don't think I have enjoyed John Cusack this much since we were both teenagers and he was in Say Anything. Heartwarming true story about a science fiction writer who adopts a little boy who thinks he is from Mars. I loved at the end when the father points out that we need to remember that all kids are sort of from another planet, trying to figure out how things work on this planet. The kid in it was so good I found myself wondering along with the father if there was any way this kid really could be from Mars! Watch it, it will make you want to hug your kids.

So don't worry about me too much, I will still be sneaking in some little tiny bits of crafting and watching a fun movie or two. Even if I have to both late at night. It is that or start taking Valium. Oh, and I may feel the need to whine about things here periodically.

10 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I am a big believer in cookie therapy!

Circe said...

Valium: no. If it's between crafting and Rx drugs, keep crafting because we never know what the valium will do to your creativity. Well, or maybe it would be a fun experiment. Either way, as long as you keep entertaining and inspiring us!

Mikki said...

Well, I'm glad your hanging in there. Nothing like a little comfort food to get you through a tough time.
I'm glad you'll keep to a bit of crafting and unwinding through a good flick, you definitely deserve a little down time. Oh, and if you can't gripe a little on your own blog, then what good is it anyway?

Jennie said...

I can totally relate with the chocolate chip thing. I have been known to eat a whole 9X13 pan of brownines. All by myself. Sometimes.... you just gotta. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those chips, too. And I've been known to eat them out of hte bag at times. Good luck with the packing and sorting and all that.

Diane Duda said...

Oh, Michelle! I just read about the move. As someone, who was away and came back home after 8(ish) years, I KNOW that you'll be happy you did.
Good luck with everything.

I have that movie in my Netflix queue. I had to move it down on the list as I'm trying to watch all of the 1st season of Pushing Daisies before the new ones start next week. I LOVE that show.

xo
Di

Heather said...

I'm sooo bummed that you're leaving before I got my act together to meet up with you in real life. *Sigh.*

The house we're renting is being foreclosed on and we have to move by mid-November. We decided to buy a house instead of renting, and things are super crazy here, too. I can totally empathize with what you're going through. Copious amounts of chocolate are being consumed at my house to, mostly of the Chocolove Dark Chocolate & Raspberry variety.

Good luck with your move! :)

Sarah Smiles said...

Yummy chips! I enjoyed that movie also. Hang in there! I am so excited to have you back and closer to us. Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. There is a house across the street from us that is for sale. The kids were mentioning it as soon as they heard, but it only has 3 bedrooms. That's why they're moving!

Anonymous said...

Whine all you want! Oh, and the bag of chocolate chips..been there done that too:) I'll have to check out that movie:)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Michelle...in just one short month you'll be back home with your family and friends. And before the holidays, too. And those yummy chips...with all that packing and lifting, what's a few thousand calories right? :)