Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sunday Update! Birthdays and Beaches!


It was a really fun week here. A couple of things Joshua learned to do:
After insisting "I paint!" he had his first attempt at water coloring. As you can see it had to be tasted although to be honest I sometimes do that myself by accident. He was pretty good too!

Josh learned to fly. "I flying!" We don't know why, but he had to wear this helmet for a whole afternoon. Guess he is a safety kid.
The party was a big success! As you can see from this action shot of Matthew the kids didn't mind that we had the homemade version of a slip and slide (I couldn't find one anywhere!)
How many kids can you fit in a wading pool?
Blowing out that Speed Racer cake.

And everyone loved catching goldfish in the pool. I am sure they were all dead by morning. Not sure how high I am on the mom's lists now...

Saturday we took off for another little adventure (no, we still aren't getting any work done on the weekends-just fun!). We went to Santa Cruz. Sort of a mini-Jersey Shore beach. I just liked the look and sound of the boardwalk in the background. Luckily the kids were so exhausted from jumping in the surf we got off without having to ride anything.









That is Brittany and Matthew practicing their version of body surfing. You hold hands and let the waves cover you. Sweet and a little scary!

Joshua spent most of the day talking to his cars and sandcastles. I wish I knew what story he was telling them!




The sandcastle that Brittany managed to save from her little brother.
Another good week! Hope yours was too!

15 comments:

Circe said...

FUN party! Your kids don't know how lucky they are to have a party mom! I am so, so jealous that you can go to the beach anytime you want. ANY TIME!! I'm so glad you're doing that instead of getting some lame project done! :)

Circe said...

Hey, I just saw a picture of a doll on Angela's Art (link on my blog) She wanted to buy the doll because it was named Naomi, like her daughter. Maybe you should start naming your creations!

Mikki said...

Looks like the party was a total success. I think kids love playing in water, it doesn't matter what the source.

Lani Robertson said...

WOW...it does sound like you had an awesome weekend! i had an amazing weekend as well. my sister had a baby boy on friday...so went went to meet the new little one! :)

quiltdude said...

What a fab weekend, and look at all your sunshine, I'm so jealous. I bet the kids were thrilled at taking home a goldfish that's a great idea.
Hope your week is a good one.
X Clare

Bonus Mom said...

Happy Brthday to Matthew! The cake is so adorable! Did you make it? I totally went the easy way out for Gina's party! I love planning her girly parties, but for some reason this year I just didn't have the energy! She asked for the bounce house party and I instantly encouraged the idea! It was so easy... I feel like we didn't have a party kwim.

Elise said...

How fun!! I *sometimes* wished I lived closer to the beach.
Elise

love.boxes said...

Hi Sandcastle! What cute photos. I think Joshy paintings are pretty good! :)

Heather said...

I wish that I knew you would be in Santa Cruz on Saturday! I was there for a girls night out that day. If I had known you were that close, I totally would have gone up early and popped over to the Boardwalk to say hi! :)

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

How totally fun!! I wouldhave joined in too!! And the beach, how I looove the beach... xoxo

Sarah Smiles said...

can I come live at your house? FUN!!!

fugsly said...

Looks like a really fun party! :)

Sarah Smiles said...

The road on the cake looks so real! Good job!

Sarah Smiles said...

Sending home a goldfish is so cool. My boys would have loved you. I don't think the mom's would be upset with you. you wore the kids out for them and you took care of them for awhile, who could complain.:)

Anonymous said...

Well it sure looked like everyone was having a blast! Your cake turned out great too:) I'll have to remember that goldfish idea for a future birthday! Your pictures are so much fun and I like the ones at the Boardwalk (no fog!).