Friday, September 26, 2008

Me and my floor

Okay, so if you have been visiting me for any amount of time you know that I have a tendency to stay up late and work on projects. After a night of creating the first thing I want to do is show all my blogging friends. It is always more fun to share what you create right? So last night I was up really late. And I am really proud of what I created. Here it is:



Yep, my floor. Now you need to understand a few things. First I hate cleaning. I kept thinking while I was scrubbing "I could have a whole Halloween costume cut out by now". Second the person who even made white grout available for purchase should be shot. I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to put in white grout in a house where people are actually going to live. I had actually given up on this grout long ago, just hoping that the stained gray color would just achieve some sort of uniformity (is that a word?) and people would think it was supposed to be gray grout.
Which incidentally would have been a much smarter color choice. Somehow accidentally I discovered that this

was like magic on my gross grout! I sort of wish I had taken a before picture so you could see how amazing it is now but then I would have to be embarrassed about how yucky it was. I swear I really didn't know it could look like this!

So now I apologize for lauding the praises of my floor, but I just had to show somebody!

12 comments:

Diane Duda said...

I like cleaning, it's just that I like a million other things just a little bit more. ;)
Looks good.

xo
di

Janice said...

I hate cleaning and so appreciate when someone else does it. When cleaning, I am thinking, "I could be reading a book right now. I could be on-line. I could be asleep. I could be going out to lunch, etc." Your floor looks great. I feel your joy.

Anonymous said...

Awesome floor.
I have been cleaning the last few days just to recover from all the canning mess.
tattingbug

Circe said...

Congratulations! If I ever get my floor that clean long enough to take a picture, I'll show it to you. A clean floor really is something to be impressed about, with gravity and crumbs working against you and all!

Michelle said...

I can't believe I posted about my floor! But I knew you guys would get it. And Circe is right. I took the picture before anyone was up this morning. It is already going downhill.

Unknown said...

What a sparkly clean floor!!! Mine is mot certainly NOT quite like that ;)

Sarah Smiles said...

Beautiful! Way to go! I bet that was a lot of hard work! I love a clean floor, but it feels impossible to ever keep clean.

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Isn't it just the way...you find a great cleaning product just as you are about to move! How nice of you to clean your floor for the next family:)
You could eat off that floor!!!
Tracy

ittybittyandpretty said...

aaarrrrrrrrrgggggggg hate washing floors! thanks for the product info cause the floor cleaner i have been using just wasnt cutting the mustard. the next owners will love their clean house. xx

Mikki said...

Pretty cool!! I don't have much tile, but I do have nasty painted concrete floor, that seriously needs a cleaning, I'll be giving that little product a try! Thanks for the tip! :o)
Oh and I totally agree with you on the light colored grout. Who's bright idea was that anyway?

quiltdude said...

My floors will never look that clean!!! Just caught up on your blog (work has taken over my life) can't believe you're moving so soon, no wonder you are in a frenzied cleaning mode. Good luck with the house sale and I hope it all runs smoothly for you.
X Clare
ps When I finally get the balance right between work and home I'll update my own blog.

Anonymous said...

WHOOOAA CLEAN GROUT!!! haha I know what you mean I remember my mom putting off the hard wood floors the ones you have to sand and then wax not fun!! I remember when I was little standing on the waxer hahahaha so I feel your pain!! You know I clean when I am mad I guess its therapodic(isnt tha thow you spell it haha) anywho I didnt come by to talk about waxing floors I came by to tell you a thank you!! with out you and other bloggers who left comments on my blog I dont think I could of gotten through the hardest part of recovery from ike. i wish i was by you so i could give you a big hug!!! but this will have to do
((((((((BIG HUG)))))))))))))))

toodles-
sarah