Thursday, September 04, 2008

Happy Birthday Matthew!

This is one of my all time favorite pictures I have ever had taken of my kids! I love that little Matthew curled up like a little bug! Today that boy is so big!


Today is my Matthew's six year old birthday! I can't believe that this beautiful, although hairless and slightly scrawny baby(6lbs 4 oz, my smallest baby) has become such a wonderful, smart, funny lovable boy!

Here he is this morning in his birthday crown. Notice how it had to have just the right tilt. I can' t believe how grown up he seems now. He has this great little man walk he does now, I guess they teach that in first grade, and sometimes he sort of lowers his voice really deep. I can't imagine what it will sound like when he is a teenager. But happily he is still a snuggler and my boy, he lets me give him hugs and kisses. Okay, he lets me give him hugs but wipes off the kisses.

You are such a great kid Matthew and we are so glad you are in our family! Happy Birthday!

12 comments:

Felicia said...

Aw, hope he has a fabulous birthday :)

Sarah Smiles said...

I don't know why others don't see it. I can totally see his dad in him. awesome crown, Matthew. Happy Birthday, man! I hope you have a fun day!

KKJD1 said...

Happy Birthday Matthew! Hope you have a very special day! Blessings, Karen

Mikki said...

happy birthday to Matthew!!! Hope its been a great day for him. Those are adorable pictures. What a sweet boy.

Circe said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Matthew is such a handsome, perfect kid. You really lucked out with all your kids. How did you get three perfect ones in a row?? :) I hope Matthew had an awesome day. Can't wait to see pictures of the birthday party!

noodle and lou said...

oh my gosh...look at that teeny adorable peanut!!!! Happy Birthday Matthew!!!

xoxoxo...jenn

Camille said...

What a cute boy! I totally remember that picture, you used it for his birth announcement and I still have it. I think I curled Hunter up on the bed and tried to get a similar picture o him, it was just so sweet. Wasn't that just yesterday....?

quiltdude said...

Happy Birthday Matthew. Doesn't the time just fly by, you blink and they've grown.
I love that bay photo, so cute.
X Clare

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Happppy Birthday Matthew!!

Have an awesome day!!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

So cute! Happy birthday to your little guy!

Anonymous said...

MATTHEW.. TODAY AT CHURCH ONE OF THE BOYS IN MY CLASS WANTED TO KNOW WHEN MY GRANDSON MATTHEW WAS COMING BACK SO WE COULD MAKE MATTHEW SANDWICHES AGAIN. I SURE MISS YOU. WISH WE COULD HAVE BEEN THERE FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY. ALL MY LOVE GRANDMA P.S. LOVED YOU FIRST!!

Anonymous said...

MATTHEW.. TODAY AT CHURCH ONE OF THE BOYS IN MY CLASS WANTED TO KNOW WHEN MY GRANDSON MATTHEW WAS COMING BACK SO WE COULD MAKE MATTHEW SANDWICHES AGAIN. I SURE MISS YOU. WISH WE COULD HAVE BEEN THERE FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY. ALL MY LOVE GRANDMA P.S. LOVED YOU FIRST!!