Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Halloween Brooches



I am still having fun with the diamond glaze and sculpey clay. These are my latest idea. I wanted to try making some brooches for Halloween that had sort of a vintage feel. I spent the afternoon yesterday trying to apply the rick rack and glitter to a few more that were less successful. Let's just say super glue is not a great adhesive to use with glitter. Another tip for you is that if you get super glue or diamond glaze on your fingers the only way to get it off is to sand it off. I used my emery board. See what great information you get here?
The brooches can be found in my Shop!

12 comments:

noodle and lou said...

Michelle, they are perfect! Love the images you uses and ric rac is SO cute!! Thanks for the tip about diamond glaze too:)

xox...jenn

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Bonjour Michelle! Your little Halloween brooches are just perfect! I could use ric-rac on just about anything I made, I love it, and pompoms too! The pictures of your kids sleeping are wonderful and as I am watching my son who took a nap in my studio tonite, no they will never really grow up in our heart. And... your little quilt is ADORABLE ! Take care, LuLu

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah Smiles said...

You find such fun vintage stuff. Very fun! Not so fun with sanding the fingers, though.

love.boxes said...

Those are soooo cute! I love them! I'm so excited that Halloween is right around the corner.

ittybittyandpretty said...

oh my they are tooo cute! i really want to learn how to make them, you are one clever little chickee. xx rosey

Anonymous said...

Wow..! These Halloween brooches are looking cute and fabulous.

Artfulife said...

They are very cute!

Anonymous said...

These look great! I know what you mean about the glue. For me, "yes" glue is great with glitter and with tissue paper. Look forward to more of your jewelrey!!

KKJD1 said...

How cute you always have such cute ideas.
Blessings, Karen

AwtemNymf said...

Greetings-
Its good to know the tip about Diamond Glaze. I have yet to try it out for the first time! I'm making bottle cap magnets! Thanks for warning & the tip. I'll keep my emery board ready too! Your vintage brooches are lovely! Happy Creating and have a great weekend!

Alexa Lett said...

Great pins! Loved the ric rac!