Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mamma Mia!


Okay, so I finally got to go see the most fun movie of the summer! A few of the girls from church called and asked if I wanted to go to the sing-along version at the local theater. It was so fun! I want to be Merle Streep when I grow up. Oops, too late! Oh well, she was just so fabulous. So now my two favorite Merle Streep movies would be Out of Africa and Mamma Mia. Very strange. But the lady is such a great actress, so pretty and now we find out she can sing. I mean really sing! I could have lived without a crude comment or two, and I am still not sure about Pierce Bronson, but nothing is absolutely perfect. I have to say going with a bunch of Mormon soccer moms was a blast. I'm sure the other folks there must have thought we were drunk as skunks (yep,having that much fun!). Little did they know it was bunch of non-drinking Mormons! I had forgotten how good it is for me to act like I am 17 on occasion. Of course that may have been a little more pleasant for my friends had I a been a good dancer or singer at 17 but oh well! So instead of a face-lift or botox go grab some girlfriends and go sing your head off at this fun movie. I promise you will feel much younger!

5 comments:

ittybittyandpretty said...

nothing better than friends to make you feel young. i went away with two of my very best friends (we have been friends since 1987, year 10) recently and we play that old board game scattergories and we laugh so hard it hurt. best tonic in all the world. talk soon mmwah rosey

quiltdude said...

Isn't it just the best feel good movie ever? I'm going to see it again with my girlfriends next week, can't wait to sing my heart out.
X Clare

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time Michelle! We use to have movie night with some friends..I miss those!
I don't even know what playing in the theaters..I refused to go see Batman with my husband as the previous film was his choice as well (Iron Man~so not my thing). I prefer films where I have to read the subtitles! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday:)

Anonymous said...

I finally figured out how to comment! I love seeing you and your beautiful family. You amaze me with all of your energy and creativity. I was just telling one of our Laurels about when you & I ate a whole pan of brownies in college. Those were the days!

love.boxes said...

I'm so glad you got to do that. How fun!!