Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Update

Well yesterday no adventure was had for us. We were forced to finally spend a day catching up on some yard work. So I thought I would show you a couple of the rewards the kids earned by their willingness (haha!) to walk home from school.

First, after school Friday we made homemade doughnuts. You are impressed aren't you? Yeah, until I tell you we made them from those pop-out biscuits you buy 2 for 1$! This was a great, really bad for you treat my roommate Melanie and I made all the time in college. The only things that stood between us and a freshman 40 was the fact that we didn't have cars and had to walk everywhere and our teenage metabolisms. So you pop out the biscuits, stretch them a bit and poke a hole in the middle .Then fry them up in some hot oil.

Then drizzle a little frosting over them. My kids thought I was so cool! But they really only taste good while they are warm, once they are cold you can tell they used to be biscuits.


Then, because "They don't do ANY art in first grade" we made finger paints. You would have thought Joshua would have been all over that but no, it was the big kids.

He only would smoosh it around with a spoon.

Brittany and Matthew made loads of pictures and then used the paint again the next day. It was made of 3 cups water and a cup of cornstarch heated until it was thick and them we added food coloring. So everyone had fun on our fun Friday. Then we put them to work on Saturday!

6 comments:

Circe said...

I want to be one of your kids.

Anonymous said...

I want to come to your house for homemad donuts and paitning with special made paint!!! But, can I leave before I have to help with chores?? Hee heee... xoxo

ittybittyandpretty said...

wow have no idea of the biscuits you speak of but my kids would bow down to you like you were merlin the magician, i think they might even adopt you. well done.xx rosey

Sarah Smiles said...

love the artwork! What a fun Friday.

Artfulife said...

Looks like your little ones had a fun weekend. Your daughter looks like she's the same age as my Sloan. She loves art also, and has her own art blog. I love to see parents taking the time to do art with their little ones. So very important. Love your dolls and hope it's ok I added you to my links. Have a great week!

love.boxes said...

Yummo!