Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Okay, so I feel like my posts last week were not my best ever. Want to know the reasons? Well here are three.
First, I somehow let myself sign up for several swaps that all were due about the same time. The good news is that means I should have some awesome mail soon. These are the tags I made for Speckled Egg's birthday tag book swap. There are 21 of these little babies, this is their fronts and backs. She will collect them all and then turn them into little books for us. Neat huh? There were a couple other cute swaps I did but of course I forgot to take pictures of them.



Then I decided to start a few new large dolls. Sorry about the awful picture, they are lined up on my washing machine waiting for me to come work on them before the kidlets get home. I guess the fuzzy picture will help preserve the mystery of what they will look like when they are done.




This book. Okay, I am not sure I liked how into the whole vampire thing I found myself. I am not a vampire-book kind of girl.But there I was, reading till all hours. Finally finished it last night. I have to say it was very satisfying. But like my friend Circe compares it, these books really are like cookie dough. Sort of a guilty pleasure. I would promise to be back in full force now that I finished but Circe also informed me that you can go to this site an read more Twilight goodness. Apparently Ms. Meyers' manuscript in which she was telling the story from Edward's point of view ended up all over the Internet before it was ready to publish. Awful, horrible, stinky people who did that! But the lovely lady decided that instead of making her fans choose between honesty and losing out on the book she would put it on her own site. So now I either have to sit at my computer and read or suck it up and print off the whole thing. Either way I am sure to get sucked in again! (hehe- a little vampire humor!)

7 comments:

Sweet B Folkart said...

These look like very legit reasons!
the dolls look super cute (even blurry)
- Hey... don't rat me out about the red vines/fruit thing.. you'll ruin my reputation!

- Sweet B

Sweet B Folkart said...

These look like very legit reasons!
the dolls look super cute (even blurry)
- Hey... don't rat me out about the red vines/fruit thing.. you'll ruin my reputation!

- Sweet B

Circe said...

Wasn't Breaking Dawn good? I loved it! But if you want to read something more meat-and-potatoes, I'm loving A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Have you already read it? What did you think? I love the new dolls. I think the green toile has a cute face. It's fun how each one has its own personality!

Diane Duda said...

there is always so much going on at your place!
:)

xo
di

~the new dolls look so cute!!!

KKJD1 said...

The dolls look so cute cant wait to see the finished product. Have a great week blessings, karen

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Oh my! THANKS so much for still being there after my nightmare of an August month! About 80% unpacked...that is... of the stuff I actually intend to unpack!


How cute you are with the card things and the doll things and the reading... I read the first three but not really excited about the fourth, I mean..JUST KILL THE GIRL already!

I totally plan to get my article for BF about the witches up this coming week...cross your fingers, only got my internet back TODAY!

love.boxes said...

I love those cupcakes!