Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lovely Mother's Day!






I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day! I know Mother's Day can be hard in a paradoxical way, I remember several miserable Mother's Days when I wanted to be a mother but wasn't yet, and I know other things happen in life that can make this less than a great day. But I hope none of this is the case for any of my lovely blogging friends!

I am having a lovely day so far, granted we aren't too far in yet but it shows all the signs of being a good one. It is a good day for thinking about motherhood for me. I have always wanted to be a mom. From the time I was little. When I graduated from college I was at a total loss as to what to pursue. The only job I really wanted was to be a mom and it wasn't quite time for that yet. I have had a really great time being a mom. It has been a lot harder job, that isn't necessarily getting easier, than I had ever thought, but it really is the best job there is.















Of course learning from the best really helped. How do people who don't have wonderful, involved, loving moms become good moms? I really don't know, I would never be able to tackle raising these kids if I hadn't had this fabulous example. I always knew I was one of mom's two most favorite girls. From the time I was little until now. I think that may be one key my mom had to enjoying us even when we were teenagers. She just loved doing things with us and we knew it. (Aren't we the cutest in this picture? Did I know how to accessorize or what?)










It is really fun this year, both of my big kids are big enough to really participate and have made me all these goodies. Along with flowers from the dad. Isn't that what we are all hoping for on Mother's Day? A little recognition that this is a pretty hard job? And it is always nice to know that our families think we are doing an okay job of it too!










And when I look at these cute faces, even the one Joshua is making, I am so very, very grateful that I get to wear that title "Mom"!

10 comments:

Elisa said...

Your Mom looks so young... just like i always remember her! And, your kids are darling too. I know what you mean about Mothers day being a difficult day. I am glad someone else sees it too!
Heres to a happy, guilt free day!

tascha said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Mothers day can be full of expectations, it is nice when you can just relax and enjoy the kids, putting off work till tomorrow. Hope yours continues being special, glad you got a good start!

Alison Gibbs said...

Sounds like you are having a great day with the family.
Love the photo of the kids and how sweet their gifts are.
Alison

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Happy Mother's Day to you as well.
Have a fabulous week.
Blessings,
Sandy

Circe said...

You are such a great example of taking joy in metherhood. Thanks for the inspiration!

Adriana Whitney said...

Happy mothers day! It was so nice to read your blog today.
I had almost the same presents, I will take a pic and post it too.
Love
Adri

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Happy Mothers Day Michelle!
The photos are precious...I feel very lucky to be a mom as well.
Tracy

Unknown said...

Such sweet kiddies! Sounds like you had a great Mommies day!! Love the picture of you and your Mom (you were a cutie pie!)
XOXO
Jillian

love.boxes said...

I love that photo of Judy!