Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Girls and a new light studio!

I finally finished the two dolls I have been working on. It is so funny to me how I use basically the same pattern every time and yet they turn out so different.



This is Annabelle



This is Heather

They are both outfitted and in the shop! It is so silly, but I think I like their ity-bity flowers they like to wear in their hair and their stripey stockings the very best! Why don't we wear stripey stocking more in real life? They are so fun!



I have been working on making my own little light studio ever since I saw Adri working on hers. She gave me some good tips and I am happy with my results I think. I took the photos of these dolls with it. The best part was I was able to take them at 11:00 at night when I get no interruptions! I may add some different fabric, I don't know if I can take white all the time but I am thinking they may work better on etsy this way.



Here is my fancy new studio. I think I will probably try and make a large one. Best of all it was really cheap to make!

13 comments:

Bonus Mom said...

What a GREAT idea! I am trying to motivate myself to list on etsy. I have been shopping there long enough! This may help. Thanks for sharing the 'secrets'!

love.boxes said...

How clever you are Michelle! ANd, the new dolls are sooo lovely!

quiltdude said...

It always amazes me how the same pattern can look totally different when you change the fabric. Your new dolls are lovely. And the light box studio is a very clever idea.

Krissy said...

LOVE those dollies. Looks like your cheap little studio puts out some good pictures! Hope you don't mind if I add you to my blogroll!
Cheers,
Krissy

Krissy said...

LOVE those dollies. Looks like your cheap little studio puts out some good pictures! Hope you don't mind if I add you to my blogroll!
Cheers,
Krissy

Alison Gibbs said...

Your dolls are so sweet.
Love the light studio.
Alison

Natasha Burns said...

Fabulous Michelle! The studio and the new girls are great!

Mandy said...

I commend you for making your own photo studio! I bought one from ebay and I don't really like how it works! I could never get the lighting quite right. :) Anyway, your dolls are so adorable. I love their clothes and their stockings. My sister visits your blog...she's The Vintage Sister...and that's how I found you. :)

Anonymous said...

Those are darling dolls!

SSWS said...

Michelle, you are so creative with your dolls! I love the dresses on your new girls! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful dolls Michelle. My favorite is Heather! I think her dress i quite pretty :) And great idea to get a studio going..even though I majored in Photography it's actually not my favorite part of my business but is essential. Great job!!

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Bonjour Michelle! Your new dolls are FANTASTIC! Loooooove them! You are quite a woman of all trade! And your work is getting more and more wonderful with time! Keep up with the good work! And thanks for visiting often, I love hearing from you! Take care! LuLu

Susan said...

Your dolls are beautiful!!! I love them all!

I saw a tutorial to make a light box similar to your's using a frosted rubbermaid container...I need to try something as my pictures are always horrid! It's nice to see how others put them together!