Friday, May 09, 2008

Oh Happy, Happy Day!

That is what I felt like singing yesterday when I discovered this website yesterday! Probably about two years ago I discovered Kimberly Hodges through my friend Tif. She love bright colors as those of you who visit her may know so this happy, bright artist is really her cup of tea. You see her things being marketed by Hallmark now and scrapbook paper companies. But I love her prints! Just love to look at them all and get inspired. She used to have a website where you could do that but it sort of vanished a while back and I really missed it. I emailed her and aske would it be coming back and she said she had been so buried with different demands for so long she had sort of decided to take a breather but the website would eventually be back. So every few months I google her just to check. And yesterday when I did I found her new site! This is very exciting for me because just looking at her pretty things makes me want to get out my paints and mess around. And when I mess around with paint it tends to make me a nicer person. This is good timing too because I am a bit burnt out on sew dolls and need to switch to something else for a bit. My sweet boy Matthew told me this morning he was wanting a painting lesson so guess what we are going to be doing! So if you are having a dreary day go on over and look around, I promise it will make you smile!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Michelle, I am off to check it out. I too love bright colored artwork. It does make you happier, doesn't it?. A switch of mediums is alwasy a fun thing to do.

Hugs,
Tammy

Adriana Whitney said...

Love the colorful paintings, it reminds me to a town in Argentina where that style is very popular (la boca, Buenos Aires)
I taped the tracing paper (or tissue paper) to the outside of the box. You can see another tutorial here
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=281524

love.boxes said...

Hooray! I love Kimberly and am so glad she's back!

noodle and lou said...

ooooh HOW FUN! I love her too and have lots of her little papers and cards...my favorite is a pad of paper that says "create a life you love":):):) Wishing you a super happy Mother's Day Michelle! xoxo...jenn

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this piece. I know it's cliche to say something is inspiring but those colors are. And I just discovered this painter which is also inspiring.
http://kimparker.tv/gallery.html
Anyhow spring is in the air and I feel like painting. But I have a sturio to clean so maybe sometime soon. Happy Mama's Day:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful painting! Love the colors.