Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Teeny-Tiny Little Miss Polka Dots!




Here she is, my littlest doll! I have sort of been obsessed with making this little doll for the last couple of days. When I signed up for Viv's miniature swap she warned me that I could become easily hooked. And I thought to myself "I really don't think so". Wrong! I am totally hooked! What is it about little tiny things? I have been wanting to make a tiny version of my original gingham girl. I have decided that there is just something I really love about a round headed doll. Weird, never would have thought I would think about the shape of a dolls head but there you are! I also really love felt hair. It never gets messed up and always looks cute. In fact I wish I could have felt hair myself. And that it could be just this color pink too! I love pink and black together. And polka dots. Are you getting the feeling that I really love all the things that make up this doll? Well I do, I am really happy with her. I thought she looked like a birthday girl so I made her a birthday cake to take along on her journey, where ever she goes. Another good idea, always bring cake!

Here she is in my hand so you can see how little she is. She is in the shop now.





I am working on an even tinier version, believe it or not! It is really hard to make clothes this tiny though so we will see if she make it or not!
**Yeah Tiny Little Miss Ginghamworld has been sent to her new home! I am glad she is so well liked! I will be starting some more!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm..she's gone. I wonder why! She is just so cute. I love the size and everything about her including that cake:) Cant wait to see more!

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

I love the doll Michelle! Who wouldn't love a doll with pink hair and polka dots? I can't wait to see more.
Tracy

Heather said...

Ack! She's gone already! I'm so bummed. I think I almost swooned when I saw her! I love the colors & polka dots. The cake was a darling touch and the felt hair was sooo sweet.

Please tell me you'll make more!:)

love.boxes said...

I like her little feet sooo much and her cutie socks!

Circe said...

Oh, how adorable! I love tiny things!

Anonymous said...

super cute!! great doll!!! hugs

toodles-
Sarah

Susan said...

She is all things I love...black and white polkadots and stripes, pink hair, and CAKE!!! Looking forward to more...she is a wonderful little size!!! Beautiful!

noodle and lou said...

Of course she is long gone!! HOW CUTE Michelle!!! You know I'm lovin' those sweet polka dots:) And cake too!? perfection!!!
xoxox...jenn

quiltdude said...

Gone! gone! already! Darn it, you'll just have to make more. I adore her especially her stipped legs. Please make more.
X Clare

Bonus Mom said...

She is adorable! I love the pink and black combination too :)

Michelle said...

Thank you all so much! I have three new ones in the works!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she found a home! she was super sweet. she even has heels on her shoes! I Hope the temps have cooled down for you...Have a wonderful day!
-Heather

Diane Duda said...

I think you've gone and inspired me to paint a pink-haired raggedy girl!
She's too cute!

xo
Di

vivian said...

Michele, she is adorable! I TOLD YOU Miniatures are addicting!! Ha!! I had to laugh, because I always tell everyone that I want to dye my hair pink!! My husband is pretty tolerant of most things, but he tells me he wouldn like me to have pink hair. hmmm... Im not sure that someday I wont just do it anyways!
have fun!
hugs!
vivian