Saturday, May 03, 2008

So what are you giving your mom?

The big day is just one week away people! Yep, Mother's Day is almost here. So here are a few of my suggestions (this means if you are a mother in my life you should probably come back and visit later or risk knowing what you are getting early!)
My childhood friend Tiff, at Loveboxes has so many perfect boxes for Mother's Day the hardest part is chosing which one. They are perfect for putting a pair of earrings in or just looking pretty on a dresser top. Tif packages things up so prettily you may really want to consider her extra gift wrap, you won't be sorry! There is just enought time left if you hurry to get it in time! Oh, and she is having a giveaway on her blog so be sure and enter, you might win yourself a Mother's Day treat!

Okay, this seems weird but it is wonderful! I bought this as a treat for myself this week after reading about it on Tammy's blog
That's right, it is like a cheese grater for your feet. I can hear you goign eeeeewwww! but I am telling you it is great! My feet haven't looked this good since my last professional pedicure and that has been a long time ago. I got it at Target, in the little area they have for "seen on tv" stuff. $10! Fabulous! I threw in a french manicure set for another $3, I really know how to live don't I?

One of my favorite artists, Miss Vanessa has the most amazing prints if you are looking for something to hang on Mom's wall. I have a couple and they are so beautiful you will love them!
She has amazing paper dress girls in her shop too!
Another of my artist/blog friend Jenn, has adorable note cards right now. I love everything she does, look around her shop and see what else you like!

These are some of my favorite ideas! But you better think about it this weekend and get them ordered Monday, first thing so there will be time to get them before the big day!

5 comments:

noodle and lou said...

oooooh!! Look at the wonderful company my little cards are in:):):) That owl box is one of my all time favorites from Tiffany...and I adore everything Miss Vanessa does! And hello...gotta LOVE the ped egg!!! But let's not forget all the fabulous Mom Day gifts YOU have in your sweet shop!!!!!!

Thank you bunches Michelle...xoxo

Janice said...

I got my mom "the essential sweater" from Lands End and I asked my husband and kids to get me a pedicure and a t-shirt from Barbacoa--our favorite place to eat out.

I love your suggestions.

Janice said...

Oh! I am also typing up some simple memories I have of my mom and giving them to her as my siblings as part of Mother's Day.

And yes, I spent a few Mother's Days feeling very sorry for myself, so I have spelled out what I want and EVERYONE is much happier.

love.boxes said...

Thanks Michelle! Of course it's OK.. I'm flattered. :)

quiltdude said...

We had mother's day back in March here in the UK so it's all done and dusted. But I think the painted boxes are fabulous and am very, very tempted to get some.